Friday, December 17, 2010

Assembly

We went to a assembly today to see dancers and drummers. They were African and they are really into their culture. The dancing they did was very different from the dances we see today. They talked about the things in there tridition and what those things mean to there tridition. It had a lot of energy and a lot of movement. It takes a lot of pratice to learn those dances.

The Dancers were really kicking their legs high and doing these super flips and twists. I was blown away! The dancers even asked kids if they would like to go up there and dance. A friend of mine was up there killing it! She started crumping and great many other moves. I was going to go up but I got nervous.

I was very entertained by everything, even the two guys that were dancing. Ms. Mckeone, my teacher, was one of the participints in the show. The dancers called some teachers in the crowd and Ms. Mckeone. They were cheering for Ms. Mckeone. She was pulled up on the stage by the dancers manager.

The dancers showed what the they had to do. Everybody up there was killing it but mostly Ms. Mckeone. The dancers helped the teachers throughout the whole performance. I couldn't  believe my eyes when I saw all of the teachers up there! The dancers were incredible and I will be like them someday.

1 comment:

  1. Wow,Vincent! Your use of detail in incrediable. I loved this. I especially loved the part about how I was killing it ;) (holla). Watch out for small spelling and grammar errors. Take your time when proof reading. Pay close attention to the notes I made on your drafts--you missed a few. Vincent, you have great creativity. Make sure you continue to display this wonderful gift in everything you produce--including your writing!

    Nice work!
    Total grade: A- (late) $4.00

    ReplyDelete